Error LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt appear often on Visual C++ 2010 and this error don’t let you to compile and run your program coded on Visual C++. If you got this error you no need to reinstall Visual C++.
- this error appear because you have installed Visual C++ 2012 after you have actually installed Visual C++ 2010 in your system;
- another cause is because .net Framework 4.5 replace .net Framework 4.0;
- .net Framework corrupted files;
How to solve
- uninstall .Net Framework 4.5 from your system;
- then download .Net Framework 4.0 and install it;
- this should fix your problem;
Other ways to solve it:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\cvtres.exe and check the version of
Wrong version: 03/18/2010 01:16 PM 31,048 cvtres.exe
Correct version: 02/21/2011 06:03 PM 31,056 cvtres.exe
If you have wrong version you should go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 11.0\VC\bin\cvtres.exe
cvtres.exe then replace it with
C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 10.0\VC\bin\cvtres.exe
Now you know how to solve LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt Visual C++ 2010 Error!
If you remove Visual C++ the error will not disappear;
Please let me know if it works property for you!